Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recipe #8... Ruby Kale Smoothie... You knew kale was coming!

Note: I don't even need to start singing praise for kale.  So I'll sing the praise of Kale + Raspberries + Apple.  The acidity of the raspberries disguise the kale's green taste, and the sweetness of the apple cuts the acidity of the raspberries; resulting in a smooth, scrumptious treat!


Ruby Kale Smoothie
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes two-ish
**I am not a nutritionist, and I guesstimate portions.

1/2 c Plain Coconut Water + some extra to help it blend later
1/2 c Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Giant's handful of Kale (I like Dino/Lacinto Kale)
1 Apple
1/2 Banana (Optional)
1/2 Avocado (Optional)
1 c Frozen Raspberries
1 c Ice (big cubes usually 5 or 6)

I really love those reusable cups.  They make great totes to work.  I usually do my blenderizing the night before, and store the smoothies in the fridge so I can grab-n-go in the mornin'.   It is much sweeter for the slumbering members of my household.  -A

No comments:

Post a Comment