Friday, April 27, 2012

Recipe #38... Good Earth's Whole Lemonade... Wholesome goodness

Note: "If only you ate this well every day."  That's the brilliant and oh-so-true tagline from a gem of a restaurant - the Good EarthOne of my favorite drinks on the menu is their Whole Lemonade.  It is described simply as "A whole lemon juiced with apples - no sugar added."  Nice and easy so you can at least drink that well every day...
  
The Good Earth's Whole Lemonade
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes 1 serving

1 whole organic lemon (de-seeded, skin on)
*If that's too much zest for you, peel the lemon skin and the pith... though I'd still add 1 tsp of fresh zest back in
1 organic apple (cored, skin on)
1/2 water (for blending)
A few cubes of ice
Option to add strawberries or raspberries (if frozen, omit the ice)

So simple... Add your flare to the recipe and enjoy.  I feel more wholesome just writing this.. wink!  -A

1 comment:

  1. I am a new Blendtec owner and was excited to find this recipe because I love the whole lemonade at Good Earth. I am sorry to say, however, that this was nothing like it to my taste. It was bitter and way too lemony. The only way to salvage it was to add a fair amount of sugar and dilute it quite a bit. There must be something more to their recipe. Disappointing because I was hoping it would be the real thing.

    ReplyDelete