Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Potential... Another respite from recipes...

Sunday morning I decided to begin my day with TED.  I selected a TED Talk given by Buddhist monk, Matthieu Ricard.  He is sometimes referred to as the "Happiest Man in the World" - Now that's the person you want to help ease you out of your peaceful slumber and into the day...  I am thankful that TED Talks are often quite short (under 15 mins), because I repeated certain sections of Mr. Ricard's talk that resonated with me... What really struck me about his definition of happiness is that he looks at happiness as a way of being; so even when I'm sad or angry or rolled off the wrong side of the bed - shirt rumpled and hair sticking up in all different directions, I can still consider myself to be happy.  That doesn't always fit with our expectations for the emotion.  A weight lifts when we are free of a definition that limits.  We find ourselves to be full of potential... Have a lovely day... -A

No comments:

Post a Comment