Monday, April 2, 2012

Recipe #1... A freshly poured conglomeration I call "Dates in Disguise"

Note: My husband despises dates, won't eat them when they can be identified.  I personally love them with their creamy texture and candy-sweet taste.  Here's my attempt at achieving a happy household.


Dates in Disguise 
-For Brett
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes two-ish
**I am not a nutritionist, and I guesstimate portions.


1/2 c Plain Coconut Water + some extra to help it blend later
1/2 c Plain Greek Yogurt (though vanilla would be good)
1/2 Apple
4-5 Dates (I used regular ol' deglate, feel free to sub)
1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Fresh Ginger (1 cube of Dorot Frozen-Fresh --- genius!)
1 1/2 c Frozen Fruit (Mix of peaches and strawberries, it's possible there were a few pineapple chunks)
1 c Ice


Blend, Sip and Smile!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment