Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recipe #22... Date Butter Spread... A date for your next apple...

Note: While I was browsing my recipe packets from the Whole Foods classes I have taken (see Recipe #21), I discovered one for Fig Pate...  Well, I don't have dried figs at the moment, but I do have dates... hmmm...

Date Butter Spread
Serves 2 

1/2 c Dried dates (seedless) & raisins (probably 2 tablespoons of raisins intermixed with the dates)

** Soak the dried fruit in water to rehydrate a bit... otherwise blending is a bear! - Muy importante!
2 tbsp Almond Butter
1/4 tsp Cinnamon

2 tbsp Goat or Feta Cheese (Optional... I like Feta for salt!)

1. Blend (gets a little sticky so you may need to add a tbsp of water)

2. Serve alongside a green apple (sour to balance the sweet dip)

The addition of the cheese was my "flair."  Take it or leave it :)... Either way, this dip is a sweet date for your next lonely snack... get it, date?  who doesn't love a little cheese...   -A

- Update - Crackers actually won out over apples at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment