Saturday, April 28, 2012

Recipe #39... Beet-y-full Smoothie... Experimenting with roasted vegetables

Note: Smoothies that incorporate beets have captured my interest.  In the past I have blended in baked sweet potatoes and roasted pumpkin with favorable results... so I bought some roasted beets from the store (easy button) and decided to try it out.  Brett is not a fan of roasted beets (how is this possible?)... He will turn away a warm roasted beet and goat cheese salad without the slightest hesitation... More for me, I guess... Question: Will today's breakfast get a good/bad/ugly reaction?

Beet-y-full Smoothie
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes 2 servings


1/2 c coconut water
1/2 c milk or almond milk
1 6 oz honey or plain greek yogurt 
1 1/2 c roasted beets (pickled would be no bueno)
2 c spinach (fresh)
1/2 avocado 
1 orange, peeled & halved
1/2 c frozen grapes
1 c Ice (big cubes usually 5 or 6) 

I wondered if I would be drinking 2 beet-y-full smoothies today but... In his brief interlude to tend to Bernard, I snapped a quick pic of the evidence.  I think I have my answer.  The Vitamix is obviously magic... -A

1 comment:

  1. Very very sneaky but delicious :-) I guess I should know better by now. Thankfully the beets are well disguised.

    ReplyDelete