Sunday, April 15, 2012

Recipe #27... Butternut Squash Soup with a Twist... Orange you glad it's this easy??

Note: Butternut squash soup is one way I settle into Fall. - behold the power of food -  But why do I need to limit my consumption to just one season?  Upon my recent discovery of a carrot/orange/ginger soup recipe in the vitamix book, I decided to transition my beloved butternut squash into Spring/Summer, with some help from its mono-colored friends!  You can serve this one warm or cold... 

Butternut Squash Soup with a Twist
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Serves 6

2 c butternut squash (cubed)

2 carrots (peeled and cut into 3 pieces)
1/4 of a yellow onion

Saute or roast the above ingredients in a little olive oil, until the yellow onion is softened.  Roasting may add a richer sweet flavor, but you could also make this with the uncooked veggies...  Cool, then blend with the following until smooth... 

3 c vegetable broth 

1 orange (peeled)
1 tsp marsala wine
1 tsp fresh ginger (Dorot frozen fresh is the way to go)
1/2 tsp salt (you can adjust with more, but never less!)
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper


Season as you like; drizzle a little olive oil on top and add a sprig of parsley for color... Orange you glad I didn't say banana... ha!
  -A

No comments:

Post a Comment