Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recipe #23... Avocado-Orange Sorbet... My husband liked it so... it must be OK

Note: After a few botched attempts at fro-yo, I wasn't feeling so confident in my sorbet-ing skills.  So (deep breath) I decided to consult the experts.  This recipe comes straight out of the Vitamix book - though I did use less honey than they called for.  It was surprisingly delicious... and to my quiet delight (someone pinch me), Brett didn't shy away from the idea of avocado in his dessert... nope, he enjoyed seconds.  You're gonna wanna to try this!

Avocado Orange Sorbet
Serves 2-3... 2 if person #1 decides to go in for seconds!

2 Oranges, peeled and halved

1/2 Lemon (peeled and de-seeded)
1/2 Avocado
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Honey... original calls for 1/4 cup
5 c ice... to be added very slowly for consistency

1. Blend everything but the ice on high... you may need to smush it with the "smushing tool"

2. Blend in ice little by little until the consistency thickens into sorbetto
3. -Muy importante-   Serve immediately... This is an instant gratification kind of thing...

The secret to the frozen treats from the blender is to eat immediately... what better excuse to save your patience reserves for another day and dive in with reckless abandon...   -A


No comments:

Post a Comment