Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recipe #28... Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie... No ice cream truck flagging down required

Note: I have to admit... I am pretty proud of this recipe.  I'm feelin' like Miss Jules beaming over her bday cupcakes.  I actually tried a variation of it this morning, and it didn't pan out so well... I added something green, and that was weird... and I just didn't have the ratios where they needed to be.  After my second attempt this evening... one sip... two sip... corners of my mouth start to turn up... success!  Whip this up for breakfast, a snack, or a dreamy dessert.    
  
Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes two healthy servings, but one could totally be selfish here

1/2 c milk

1/2 c orange juice
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
2 seedless oranges (peeled)
1 tbsp orange zest
1/2 avocado (for creamy texture and healthy fats)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c Ice (big cubes usually 5 or 6) 

So about that ice cream truck... don't fret if it passes you by.  There's a good chance you are only an "on switch" away from your orange-vanilla creamy, dreamy dreamsicle...  -A

No comments:

Post a Comment