Thursday, April 26, 2012

Recipe #36... Mint Chocolate Breakfast... Seems too good to be true

Note: Let me begin with a disclaimer.  I found the mint chocolate chip recipe on the GOOP blog... I followed the recipe from the greens powder to the fresh mint leaves... silent pause... that combo was a stretch in my opinion (and a one-sip wonder in Brett's).  So after a few days of mulling it over, I modified the ingredients a bit and came up with a recipe that I feel good about sharing with others.  If you don't have chocolate protein powder, you can cheat and use hot cocoa mix with greek yogurt instead... I wouldn't dream of revealing your secret.

Mint Chocolate Breakfast... dessert or anytime treat
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes 2 servings
*Reminder... I am not a nutritionist

3/4 c coconut water
1/2 c vanilla or chocolate almond milk
1 packet chocolate protein powder (I used Tera's Whey)
2 cups loose spinach (you won't detect it!)
1/2 avocado (for creamy texture)
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 1/2 c Ice (big cubes usually 6-8) 

I do have to share Dr. Lipman's feelings about the addition of avocado in his concoctions... "My secret for extra creamy smoothies? Avocado! One of my favorite foods with benefits. They have healthy fats, more magnesium and less sugar than bananas, so they make a great base ingredient for many breakfast smoothie recipes."... Amen brother!  -A

No comments:

Post a Comment