Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recipe #5... Ginger-Carrot Dressing... I hijacked this one from Gwyneth

Note: Gwyneth Paltrow has this recipe posted on her blog, GOOP.  I use it all the time and had to share it.  You'll notice if you compare mine to the original, that I change it up a bit... I omit the raw shallot; too bitey for me, and I don't normally have grapeseed oil, so I sub with a mix of light olive oil or walnut oil.  I really like this as a dressing on avocado chunks, as she suggests, or on a regular salad, as a veggie dip... even a chicken marinade!

Gwyneth's Ginger-Carrot Dressing
Makes 3-4 servings of dressing
Gwyneth considers this to serve 1...

1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon sweet white miso
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil
1/4 cup walnut or light olive oil
2 tablespoons water

Blend all together... Vitamix is prime for this to get the smooth consistency, but with patience and time, I think a regular blender could pull it off.

Thanks Gwyneth!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment