Saturday, April 21, 2012

Recipe #31... Amazing Grass Breakfast... No need to deny your addiction to this grass

Note:  Eating something named "Amazing Grass" sounds a lot more devious than it really is.  In fact, I have it on a regular basis and enjoy it so much that I feel compelled to hand it out to my friends, neighbors, and even to their children (gasp!)... no, I am not a closet pot dealer... My product of choice - packets of green superfood... Disclaimer: I am not a rep for, associated with, or paid by the Amazing Grass organization... though if they'd like to pay me I wouldn't be averse to that... dream on, I know... Anyway... The mixes are fantastic by themselves - dissolved in milk or some variation thereof .. i.e. almond, rice, soy milk.  For those who are a little intimidated by the powdery drink... I'll offer this smoothie version... baby steps...

Amazing Grass Breakfast
Serves 2
Blenderize the following...

1/2 c coconut water or almond milk
1 packet Amazing Meal (I used Pom-Mango Fusion)
1 apple, quartered
1/2 avocado (for healthy fats)
1 c frozen pineapple
1 c ice (5 or 6 big cubes)

I shared this with Katie and Jules... Both were a little skeptical of the smell... one can detect a hint of "green"... however, the drink itself proved to be a hit!  The proof is in the pudding (that would be the lip-licking, smoothie in our case)... -A

4 comments:

  1. i like this post.. makes me laugh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cacoa infused Amazing Grass straight with Almond Milk and a few drops of peppermint oil...yum :)

    ReplyDelete