Monday, May 14, 2012

Recipe #48... Proteins & Greens... A healthy marriage

Soldiers of health
Note:  Have powders, will blend... Without question I cobbled this together for a much too late, 8pm (how'd it get this late?) liquid dinner.  It was a Monday... I was suffering from Monday brain... and I wasn't as incredibly concerned about flavor as I was about avoiding a nachos-n-cheese 8pm dinner... To my delight the combination worked.  Now I am energized and unexpectedly typing this post.  I took a picture of the "pantry health brigade" because I drank the smoothie without documentation; having no intention of sharing my strange mixture... Surprises never cease... 

Proteins & Greens 
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes 1 serving

1/2 c coconut water

1/4 c milk
1 tbsp shredded coconut
4 scoops protein powder (1 serving of tempt vanilla spice  )
1 scoop amazing grass original green superfood
2 c loose spinach 
1 c Ice (big cubes usually 5 or 6) 

Maybe I was too tired to accurately evaluate the tastiness of my creation, but you could recreate the optimal conditions for drink-likability... Step #1:  Come home tired from work.  Step #2: Demand a little physical activity of yourself because the weather is too beautiful for sleeping til sundown on the couch.  Step #3: Realize it is now 7:30 and you forgot about the minor detail of your dinner... Follow this procedure at the front end of the recipe and you are guaranteed to love this healthy marriage of proteins and greens.  From my belly to yours... -A

No comments:

Post a Comment