Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recipe #43... Whipped Cream & Pear Smoothie... Inspired by a candle (what?)

Note: I have a delectable candle from Anthropologie - "Whipped Cream & Pear"... and I've never been so tempted to take a spoon to the melted wax... just see if it tastes as luscious as the aroma wafting from the wick.  Don't worry I didn't act on that impulse... but I did attempt to Vitamix an edible version.  I've gotta hand it to the sensory wizards at Anthro... they are brilliant with the art of ambiance.

Whipped Cream & Pear Smoothie
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes 2 servings

1 c vanilla almond milk (sweetened will yield the best results)

1 6 oz vanilla greek yogurt
1 organic sweet, ripe pear
1/2 avocado
1/2 tsp lime juice
1 c frozen grapes (sweet ones)
1 teensy drop of almond extract
1 c Ice (big cubes usually 5 or 6) 

You kinda need to have the candle to measure my results... and what better excuse to visit Anthropologie, my dear.  As my own critic (and she's a tough one) I think I got pretty close save adding wax as an ingredient!  As Mother's Day approaches and the trees flower in soft hues, blessing us with the sweet scent of blossoms... when light and frilly is oh-so-appropriate, treat yourself to a whipped cream and pear blend and light up from the inside out... -A

1 comment:

  1. you better make one of those for me too!--you know who i am!

    ReplyDelete