Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Recipe #41... Pineapple Mint Detoxer... Rescue me from my weekend

Note: This past weekend I bestowed the gift of silk undies, danced with reckless abandon to rap music while being shuttled around in a pepto-pink short bus, and to cap it off, witnessed a frenzy of cheery chicas inhaling taco dip, chocolate cake, and pasta salad at the wee hour of 2:30 am... No, this is not my typical weekend plan of action... and yes, I was an active participant in a bachelorette celebration.  I probably don't need to elaborate on the necessity of detoxification.  For the future bride: This drink's for you... maybe share it with your other half... I hear he may need to administer some self-rescue as well... 

Pineapple Mint Detoxer
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes 2 healthy servings
*Reminder... I am not a nutritionist

1/2 c coconut water (I love Nirvana's flavor)

1 lemon, peeled to the pith
1 inch of lemon zest
1 organic green apple
2 c frozen spinach or kale
2-3 sprigs of fresh mint leaves (discard the stem)
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 1/2 c frozen pineapple
1 c Ice (big cubes usually 5 or 6) 

Take the sweet with the sour... the smooth with the stubble...  It's not always easy but it's one big beautiful mess and there is never a wrong time for dancing with reckless abandon... pink short bus not required, though it may keep things interesting.  Hugs... -A

No comments:

Post a Comment