Sunday, June 3, 2012

Recipe #54... The Macadamia Nut Un-Milkshake... Thank you Hawaii

Jaw-dropping Hanalei Bay
Note: Brett and I just arrived home from our first Hawaiian vacation.  We're still figuring out the 5 hour time difference (poor us, I know)... While I did miss my Vitamix, I definitely did not go hungry.  I'd like to express my gratitude to Hawaii for so many things... unbelievable sunsets, the white pineapple, fish with a fashion sense, miles of breathtaking beaches, a curious 12 letter alphabet, and of course... the macadamia nut!  This un-milkshake is part of my upcoming "Ode to Hawaii" batch of recipes.  Note... poi will not be invited to this party!

The Macadamia Nut Un-Milkshake
Add the following to your mixer of choice...
Makes 2 servings... If you are feelin' generous, that is.

1 1/2 c almond milk (or regular milk to make an UN-un-milkshake!)
2 frozen bananas (important that they are frozen)

1/2 c unsalted macadamia nuts
1 c Ice (big cubes usually 5 or 6) 


Mahalo Hawaii!  Have I mentioned that I am absolutely bananas about macadamia nuts? They happen to be a high energy food... It's a nice way to say their chock-full o' calories... but oh so delicious! Aloha... -A

No comments:

Post a Comment