Saturday, June 9, 2012

Recipe #56... Basil Macadamia Nut Pesto... striking gold at the Kauai farmer's market


Trying to get every last bit!
Note:  We stumbled across this gem while perusing the Hanalei farmer's market.  I was magnetically drawn into the fresh goat cheese tent, where I happened to sample their macadamia nut pesto.   Fast forward to last Saturday at our local farmer's market, where I was introduced to pineapple balsamic vinegar.  What sweet summer luck... I bought fresh basil, had leftover macadamia nuts from Hawaii, and pulled out the Vitamix...

Basil Macadamia Nut Pesto

Blend for the makings of endless possibilities

1 c fresh basil 
1 c mixed loose spinach
1/2 c macadamia nuts
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil - drizzle more to aide blending 
2 tbsp white vinegar (hopefully you can procure pineapple balsamic)
salt + pepper to taste

This version is a little sweeter than other pestos I've blenderized; likely due to the pineapple balsamic vinegar.  It might partner splendidly with a dollop of goat cheese and a cracker... After all goat cheese did bring this pesto and I together... Happy transition to summer! Hats off to basil... -A

No comments:

Post a Comment