Sunday, April 13, 2014

Back from My - Extended - Vitamix Vacation...

I really can't believe it's been over a year and a half since I mixed and blogged.  I have been a little sidetracked since August 2012... my life forever changed... my schedule not completely my own.

Since my last posting...
A pretty good reason for a Vitamix vacay

I got pregnant (yeah!)
Got "morning sickness" - the kind that lasts 20 hours a day (ewww!)
My tastebuds were hijacked and consequently I was revolted by vegetables and the sight of the Vitamix (man oh man!)
My body required Arby's regular roast beef and Reuban sandwiches to survive the first 18 weeks of pregnancy - both of which aren't really suited to Vitamixing (unfortunate!)
The sickness passed by week 20 (shew!) but the aversion to greens did not (are you kidding me?)
I delivered a lovely baby girl (heart melts)
And with much trepidation I resumed my relationship with vegetables (leaf by leaf)
I blended a bit and breastfed a lot (just how it goes)
I did start making Emilia's solid foods, but cheated on my Vitamix with the Baby Beaba (for shame)
All the energy previously reserved for crafting concoctions for the Vitamix was now allocated to crafting silly songs and diversions for my growing gal (again, just how it goes)
I did manage to make a not-so-healthy purple shake in honor of the Minnsota Vikings during football season (recipe here)
And finally in the fall we sold our home and moved to our temporary home with my parents (Vitamix in storage)
We are moving into our new home in May and I finally feel like I have my feet under me enough on the mom front to resume mixing and blogging (I know I'm on the slow program, but please tell me this is normal)

So I guess what I'm trying to say is... stay tuned.  I have a new family member to blenderize for.  I hope my next recipe elicits some "nums!" and smiles from the high chair as well as the other end of cyberspace.


No comments:

Post a Comment